Friday, August 5, 2011

What? 41?

What the heck happened?  I turned 41 today.  All of the sudden, birthday's have become something to avoid.  Charlie - you asked me today,..."Mom, why is it so bad to have a birthday?".  I replied with something I've heard from my own mother - "You'll understand when you are older."   UGG!  When did this happen to me?  I keep in the back of my head,...you're as old as you feel...

I got the best birthday present ever - we're spending the weekend with Carla, et al..  It has been a difficult summer.  Between helping my mom with her Heritage Tour of her house, and helping Jody get moved to Sunbury, and then Carla moving to Charlotte, it's been quiet and full of emotions.  You may not see many posts, because we aren't at Zoombeezi, or taking a major vacation, but this weekend, we are thrilled to be in Charlotte, NC..  I haven't yet faced their move, as I look over at 2295 Severhill and expect to see Carla's face in the window, and wave to her as she does dishes, and I do mine, but this has been a smack of reality.  She's really here, and doing dishes in North Carolina. 

I couldn't be happier to be here, and yet it's bittersweet.  My bestie, in another place, far from where she should be.  It will be a wonderful weekend - today, celebrating my birthday, and tomorrow, heading for Myrtle Beach.  We will share a condo and SOOO much fun.  I love my Carla...a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment