Monday, February 28, 2011

March... In like a Lion...

So Friday, we had a snow day - I'm guessing the last one of the year.  I think it was a gift, but Jim said the roads were a sheet of ice when he went to work.  By the afternoon, it was almost balmy so I sent the kids out to play.  Will and Charlie went to the Stampers for a snow ball fight and Bridget and Henry went out to the backyard.  They had fun rooting around in the snow but I'm not sure the 30 minutes it took me to get them bundled up was worth the 30 minutes they were outside! 



And in Ohio, it can turn on a dime!  Sunday we were able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air!  Thank God!  We opened a few windows to air out the winter germs and the house smelled so good.  Will schooled Dad on the basketball court and Bridget got right back to pedaling her bike.  The rains moved in around dinnertime and went on into the night flooding the backyard.  What a mess!  So far, the sump pump is still moving the water but it's going to take awhile for all of this to soak in.  And the wet and muddy dog feet,... uggg!  We ended the night with a fire in the fireplace - maybe the last for the winter. 

Charlie went to play with Alex this afternoon and stayed for dinner.  They had beef stroganoff and Charlie tried a mushroom!  He said it just tasted mushy and like a piece of fat from the meat.  Ya, not my favorite "veggie" either Charlie!  But I sure am proud of you for trying it!

1 comment:

  1. Can I be cheesy and say I am so proud of you!!! You are blogging away and I love it, the posts look great!! And tell Charlie I hate mushrooms too, blah, fungus!

    ReplyDelete