Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a June Cleaver kind of day...

It's been a busy day for mom but not much to speak of that's noteworthy.  The sun has been out since morning and the temperature has gotten warmer and warmer as the day goes on, so the windows go open and then the need for spring cleaning takes over!  I swear, it's like genetic!  I've washed sheets and other laundry, bleached bathrooms (you boys and toilet seats,...), some windows and mirrors, bathed B & H, and a roast is in the crock pot for dinner.  I told you, June Cleaver!  Don't be too impressed, you kids will remember plenty a dinner of leftovers and grilled cheese!

The backyard is drying out and Bridget is running around out there with the dogs - spring is SOOO close!  Which also means birthday season is around the corner!  Dad will be 42!!! next week and Will, you're going to be a teenager!  Wow.  Charlie's 8th birthday will be here before you know it, too.  Will is asking for an electric guitar.  I don't think he understands that the gift also requires lessons as an added expense!  Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about that one.

Next load of laudry is ready to change and I've got some grading to do.  I'm going to end this post by saying that even though it sounds tedious, this is the kind of day I love - being home and being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment