Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Charlie's new Hamster, Spike

This is what happens when A., Mommy leaves Daddy in charge, and B., Daddy goes to the pet store.  Wouldn't it have been cheaper to get dog food at Target, I ask?  Charlie's pretty happy with his new pet - named Spike after a clone trooper in Star Wars - and Bridget and Henry (and Farley and Phoebe) like following him around in the ball.  At least it wasn't two like when Will had hamsters!  Funny story,...Will had two tiny hamsters when he was about 5.  One of them died, and I didn't have the heart to go through that with him at the time, so I went to the pet store and said "we had two females, so I'd like another female FOR SURE!"  Okay, she said.  Well in about two weeks, the two girls hamsters multiplied to 10.  I thought, in a couple weeks when they need their mom less, I'll take the babies to the pet store.  No sooner did I suddenly have another eight hamsters - and then another, until the hamsters started to be born with mutations like only three paws!  Creepy!  So when there were about 40 some hamsters in the cage, I took the whole damn thing to the pet store and came home with none!  Science lesson - the gestational period of hamsters is about 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment