Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Story of your Birthday

Charlie, I got a kick out of telling you the story of how your birthday was supposed to be on April 9th so I thought I'd write it down for you. 
I was supposed to be induced on April 9th as the 8th was my due date.  We got everything prepared - including care for Will, days of work scheduled, and arrangements for Molly to come down.  I got to the hospital at 8:00 in the morning and was just getting ready to get my IV when the nurse told me they were too full for me to stay.  WHAT!?  Dad and I were beside ourselves with anger and disappointment.  They told us to come back at 11:00 that night - that maybe things would have calmed down by then.  We thought maybe your birthday would be April 10th - sounded like a good day to be born!  Well, needless to say, that didn't happen either.  They rescheduled us for the 12th, and said that maybe things would happen on their own before then.  I walked, I ate, I walked some more,...no luck.
We went back for the induction on the morning of the 12th - they actually kept us - and by 7:50 that night, you were born.  Aunt Molly, Aunt Megan and Oma were all there along side Dad for your birth.  Believe it or not, you were the biggest baby of the four of you - at 8 lbs. 6 ozs..  You were so cute - a spitting image of your dad!  Sometime soon, I'll write down the story of what a good sleeper you were and about your paci's.

No comments:

Post a Comment