Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a wonderful day I had.  I slept until about 8:00 which was nice, because I was ready to get up and do my mom chores.  Got a load of laundry started and some bacon for Charlie.  Jim finished the breakfast prep with pancakes.   We had a yummy breakfast and I got ready to drive up to Pine Tree Barn with Oma to meet Molly and Megan for lunch.  This has been a tradition for about 4 years now and it's a good in between and a nice drive.  The second year we went, we decided to bring our girls and make it a girls day.  When Bridget and I got home, Dad was working on a delicious dinner for us - hamburgers, pasta salad and watermelon.  Grandma Mary and Grandpa Ken came over, as did Laura and Danielle.  We made our first pitcher of margaritas of the season!  When they left, I opened my card from Jim and found two Jimmy Buffet tickets!  WooHoo!

I also got the nicest cards and letters from Charlie - the dearest gifts of all.  A letter telling me all the great things I do for him and even a game or two he made.  Nothing better.  I am so proud to be the mother of you wonderful kids.  There is nothing more important than you guys.  I love you all dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment