Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Boys' Careers...

I might need to worry,...this week, Charlie told me he thought a good career for him would be a "corn peeler" because he is really good at it.  Charlie, you said, "See? I take a lot of time to get all the hairs off!"  I told you that you would be really poor and most often, out of a job, so you said, "Oh, then maybe not."

On Saturday, the day of the Kentucky Derby, Will, you informed me that you wanted a horse.  You have never in your life expressed an interest in even going riding, so this came as quite a shock.  It was easy to flat out say "No" and we talked very briefly about the time commitment and cost of a horse.  Then you tell me that when you grow up (because you're already 5'7"), you want to be a jockey!  I just had to laugh.  You're toes would be dragging on the track!  I told you that your chances of being a horse jockey were over when you were in second grade!

I guess this is fair,...when I was in second grade, I drew pictures of what I wanted to be when I grew up - a truck driver.  I thought they had the greatest job in the world, just getting to drive around the country, seeing the sights!  As a matter of fact, sounds pretty good right about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment