Wednesday, May 11, 2011

regrets and mistakes,...they're all memories made

Such a hard mommy day,... Charlie, you were such a trooper.  You had a visit to the burn clinic at Children's Hospital where they dressed your back again and gave you some physical therapy to help as your skin grows back.  You were so brave and we had an important talk about my faults in this incidence and yours.  I have such a belief in you guys learning from your mistakes as opposed to me telling you that you could, for example, hurt yourself.  I know as a child myself, I would've always been curious if my mom or dad told me I couldn't do something.  They told me no for a good reason, but still I wondered.  I believe that I can tell you kids no over and over again, but until you see for yourselves, what could happen, you won't get it.   But I learned my lesson today, that we have to tell our kids no for their own sake and safety - if you persist, and you hurt yourself, at least I won't have a guilty heart.

Parenting is tough.  It's exhausting, it's redundant, it's draining, but it's also the best thing you'll ever do.  Through all this, I have heard from Charlie over and over again, how much he loves me.  Charlie - today you said, "You know mom, you are one of the most precious things in my life."  How many times do you get to hear that?

We got you set up with lots of Star Wars Lego ships to build and play with, so the next few days won't be so terrible.  For you anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment